• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is it deficiency ?

Ahmad Alhussaini

Seedling
Hello,

Please help me if you have any info about my issue below.

Tank info.
Size: ~180 L
Light: 30Wx4 t8
Co2: drop checker is green / Up Aqua Co2 Atomizer connected inline with Jebo filter.
Filter: - Jebo-803 / 900L/H
- Eheim-2028 / 1050L/H
Water circulation: ~ full tank length spray-bar and there is another one on the left side.
Fert: EI

20140317_194554.jpg

20140317_194541.jpg

Thank you for your reply..
I'm sure its not staghorn algae but I changed the side bar location to avoid the counteracting.

If I recall staghorn appears if there is not enough nitrates?

Last edited:
Hi all,
If I recall staghorn appears if there is not enough nitrates?
I only get it when I need to clean the filter. I have a pre-filter sponge, so I often go 6 months with just cleaning the pre-filter and the hoses.
I'm sure its not staghorn algae
Looks like mechanical damage to the Heteranthera zosterifolia leaves.

Assuming the OP ever posts again I would expect it to have rectified itself by now.

cheers Darrel

I agree with Alastair about the position of your spraybars. On the other hand all I see is some damaged leaves on your Stargrass which is perfectly normal as long as you see the new leaves to be immaculate. I too keep stargrass in my tank. It is known to be a delicate plant and I also suspect that summer temperatures are not to its liking!

Back