• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is my EI mix ok? plants are not any better after 3-4months

tovtm

hi I have been dosing for about 4months but nothing seems to be changing in regards to plant health/growth, my main concern is I have discus and dosing the EI is pushing my TDS right up from my target 140TDS to around 260.
currently my set up is as follows

125ltr tank which house my discus breeding pair, corgys x6 tetra x 16 and two bolivian rams.
have two 4' t8 40w
cat litter substrate 2" deep
CO2 lights on checker is green-light green on at 12pm off at 9pm
lights on at 4pm off at 11pm
dosing EI Mon-fri (Mon,Wed,Fri 50ml, Tue,Thurs 25ml trace)

I do a 50% wc each week which is 100% RO water.

EI mix is as follows :
4 tsp KNO3
1.25 tsp KH2PO4
9 tsp MgSO4
Put all this in one bottle and add 600ml warm water and give it a shake.
I dose 50ml of this on days 1, 3 & 5

Add 1.25 tsp Trace to 200ml warm water, in a different bottle, and give that a shake too.
I dose 25ml of this on days 2 & 4.

I just need to know if my mix/dosing amounts are ok and is there anyway I can stop it pushing my TDS up to nearly double what it should..... thanks in advance

Re: is my EI mix ok? plants are not any better after 3-4mont

Tom. This was replied to in your other thread mate. Just to recap, you have very little plant mass to utilize these nutrients hence the buildup.

Comparing your quantities to my base 60l mix I use they look around average. although I'm using double your amount of KH2PO4.

Re: is my EI mix ok? plants are not any better after 3-4mont

hi buddy just thought il post in this section to see if anymore light could be shed on this, I've ordered more plants this week so will upload a photo tonight if you wouldn't mind coming backup this and telling me if the new quantity will sort itself out or not

Back