• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my light good enough?

Okay. I`m here again :D
I`m thinking to upgraged to chihiros wrgb2 pro.
But I need to choose proper size and amount. Thinking about getting 3x120 pro.
Will it be too much or should be ok?
Please restate your full tank dimensions.

In your journal your tank is 60 litres, so 3 x 120 Pro might be a bit too much. Which is why Oreo57 is correct to say its important to state your tank dimensions as obviously you have another tank other than the one in your journal....:)

Want more red, get a light with more red. Hint, it's not the Aquatlantis.
Please restate your full tank dimensions.
A Primer..

Keep in mind that lights get added all the time like Micmol so it certainly isn't and really cant be comprehensive.
Any recommendation with really high par? Size is 180x55x80.

Last edited:

In your journal your tank is 60 litres, so 3 x 120 Pro might be a bit too much. Which is why Oreo57 is correct to say its important to state your tank dimensions as obviously you have another tank other than the one in your journal....:)
Yeah this thread is about my other tank which is 180x55x80.
Here is the full picture

Attachments

• IMG20231118171108.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 53
Any recommendation with really high par? Size is 180x55x80.
Depends. Takes some $$'s to light a 200gal deep tank.
To be sure your dimensions (sorry translating to US) 70.8" long, 21.6" wide and 31.5" deep.
Starting with pucks of roughly symmetrical lights you need ones that roughly cover a 21.6X21.6" space.
So 3 or 4 "pucks".
At 200gal best to go at least 2 W of led/gallon especially considering the depth and need for like at least 59PAR at the substrate. 100 would be better.
And generally also best to go with some decent lensing in the 90-ish range to punch deep.
Not an absolute necessity but just makes things a bit easier.

Easiest selection would be 2 GHL Mitras 7006'stotal for lights $1488 Euros on sale.

Pretty much the Mercedes of aquarium lights.

Now first off though need confirmation on tank size and also any opaque cross braces.
In the above it would matter in choosing 7004's over 7006's

The Yugo version would be a bunch of cheap daylight led flood lights.
Like 2 2 packs for a total of $80
Amazon product ASIN B09HZCXFXTLINK keeps changing.. so not sure what you see but look for NATPOW 100W flood light at Amazon UK.

for better color or red color you could go lower K temp but generally don't go below 4000k unless you like a more "yellow" look.

In between 2 Micmol Thor G4 Pro for a total of $1000-ish US.

Yea some are 120 degrees but just planning on using brute force..

Last edited:
Depends. Takes some $$'s to light a 200gal deep tank.
To be sure your dimensions (sorry translating to US) 70.8" long, 21.6" wide and 31.5" deep.
Starting with pucks of roughly symmetrical lights you need ones that roughly cover a 21.6X21.6" space.
So 3 or 4 "pucks".
At 200gal best to go at least 2 W of led/gallon especially considering the depth and need for like at least 59PAR at the substrate. 100 would be better.
And generally also best to go with some decent lensing in the 90-ish range to punch deep.
Not an absolute necessity but just makes things a bit easier.

Easiest selection would be 2 GHL Mitras 7006'stotal for lights $1488 Euros on sale.

Pretty much the Mercedes of aquarium lights.

Now first off though need confirmation on tank size and also any opaque cross braces.
In the above it would matter in choosing 7004's over 7006's

The Yugo version would be a bunch of cheap daylight led flood lights.
Like 2 2 packs for a total of $80
Amazon product ASIN B09HZCXFXTLINK keeps changing.. so not sure what you see but look for NATPOW 100W flood light at Amazon UK.

for better color or red color you could go lower K temp but generally don't go below 4000k unless you like a more "yellow" look.

In between 2 Micmol Thor G4 Pro for a total of $1000-ish US.

Yea some are 120 degrees but just planning on using brute force..
Thank you for recommndatioms. But unfortunately I cant use any of them because I have aquarium with a lid and on left side of aquarium I have angled ceiling, so all 90 and hanging lights not for me :(.

Thank you for recommndatioms. But unfortunately I cant use any of them because I have aquarium with a lid and on left side of aquarium I have angled ceiling, so all 90 and hanging lights not for me :(.
Thus the importance of details,....

IMG_2670.jpeg
84x24x24 of the Queens (kings) inches 2x59w 2x46w Fluval 3.0 not favoured by some, but I am happy with them, tank is just 2 months old, this picture is of tank at roughly 1month

Another advise suitable for my tank pleaaaase
I assume a lid not hood. angled ceilings do not preclude hanging.
A picture or even crude diagram of the space and lid are needed.
Oh and, again, any tank cross supports and clear or opaque?

Here is a picture

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-25_21-29-12.jpg
    photo_2023-11-25_21-29-12.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 66
BTW, what do you think about Daytime matrix?

Is it good idea to consider T5 tubes instead of leds?
This crossed my mind when I saw your tank.
Problem is t5's aren't great for deep tanks and your length and cavity restrictions would probably leave the ends a bit dull.
3 24" 6 or 8 tube fixtures would be a possibility.
24x6x3= 432 watts.
With the low clearance that might not be possible either.
Btw what is lighting it now?

With t5's I'd go for pairs of 39W bulbs (at 850mm/33.5" one row of two will cover the tank) rather than trios of 24W (at 550mm 21.5inches) You end up with better coverage, more wattage and depending on deals spending less money. I've seen people light 6 foot tanks with 80W 1450mm 57" bulbs, Obviously that leaves 6 inches at either end so can result in a bit of light fall off towards the ends but is cheaper again and more wattage again. If you stagger the bulbs you can reduce the light fall off.

6x3x24W=432W(C.£607) vs 6x2x39W=468W(C.£555) vs 6x1x80W=480W(C.£366) (

I priced the above using iQuatics t5 complete Lighting Kits.They're not the greatest bulbs but a mix of their tropical and white looks nice to my eye and the ballast is switched in pairs so you could control sets of lights. Although they mount straight to the inside of the hood which might not work for you depending how your hood attaches and opens.

Light levels look more than adequate - why do you want to change the lighting?

The ceiling of the alcove also looks fine for suspending lights if you wanted to go that route.
Well I dont like growth of my small plants, like AI mini, or myabe I`m just crazy :D

Well I dont like growth of my small plants, like AI mini, or myabe I`m just crazy :D

lol you could be! But then aren't well all with these crazy little glass boxes!

I would suggest the lighting has nothing to do with your AI mini woes. It's an annoying little plant that can often struggle at the best of times.

Perhaps post up some close up pictures of it, and outline what you are unhappy with in terms of its growth, and the knowledgeable folks on here can help you diagnose the problem (which I'd wager is not insufficient light).

lol you could be! But then aren't well all with these crazy little glass boxes!

I would suggest the lighting has nothing to do with your AI mini woes. It's an annoying little plant that can often struggle at the best of times.

Perhaps post up some close up pictures of it, and outline what you are unhappy with in terms of its growth, and the knowledgeable folks on here can help you diagnose the problem (which I'd wager is not insufficient light).
Well I already did. Some said that problem with water. I established small tank with chihiros tank and it planted AI mini there, and it grow really well.

Well I already did. Some said that problem with water. I established small tank with chihiros tank and it planted AI mini there, and it grow really well.

Different tank with different conditions, so not really comparable - again, unlikely to be anything to do with the lighting. If the AR mini doesn't seem to grow well in the larger tank, rip it out and select a plant that does. Chasing your tail to satisfy one plant, when all others are growing well seems a bit of an exercise in futility. Increasing the lighting levels unnecessarily could simply disturb the balance you've already achieved and create a whole host of additional problems for you.

Different tank with different conditions, so not really comparable - again, unlikely to be anything to do with the lighting. If the AR mini doesn't seem to grow well in the larger tank, rip it out and select a plant that does. Chasing your tail to satisfy one plant, when all others are growing well seems a bit of an exercise in futility. Increasing the lighting levels unnecessarily could simply disturb the balance you've already achieved and create a whole host of additional problems for you.
Yeah eveyrone saying it, but still would like to grow it, To be honest it started to establis, will post some pics.

Back