• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is my regulator broken?

french tony

Seedling
I got the system setup a few days ago:

2 Kg FE
Azoo pressure regulator/ senoloid / needle valve

It has been working fine. Today Co2 came on as normal and all was going well. The high pressure gauge read 750 psi and the low pressure reg 40 psi.

I was out for about an hour, came back, no CO2 bubbles in the tank. Low pressure valve was down to 0.

I fiddled a little with the on/off tap on the FE and suddenly a lo of co2 came out. now the high pressure gauge reads 0 and the low pressure is off the chart, even with no pressure at all from FE.

is 800 psi normal for a 2 Kg FE?

Does that sound like a faulty Regulator?

That's what it looks like. FE is shut off on this picture.

image143y.jpg

Yeah, 800psi is normal for a fully filled Fire extinguisher. ~40psi is fine for output also.

I was out for about an hour, came back, no CO2 bubbles in the tank. Low pressure valve was down to 0.
Did you notice what high pressure read when low pressure was at 0?

Have you tried switching the extinguisher off, removing and reconnecting the reg? Is the o-ring seal intact/seated properly in the reg?
The high pressure gauge suggests the cylinder is empty, but then the low pressure should also read 0 if that's the case, not be off the scale down there! :crazy:

gratts said:
Y
Did you notice what high pressure read when low pressure was at 0?

It was still showing 800psi

The fact that the low pressure gauge is reading off the scale when there is no pressure makes me think that a lot of pressure went through it, too much for it to handle. Which make me think that there must have been a malfunction before the low pressure gauge.
I have emailed the seller (bought this on ebay), we'll see what they have to say.... Still hoping I'm wrong and that this can be mended....

Back