• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this a good deal? Gyre pump knock-off?

Sarpijk

Hi guys, I am at this point when one's scape looks great, has reached momentum but I do not want to rescape, just trying to find ways to improve it.

Remembering @Chris Jackson's Lazy Biotope from Asia, which was a major influence on my riverscape, I decided to use more flow and started looking at Gyre pumps and found this considerably cheaper option on Amazon. Anyone heard of it? I cannot find any info searching for Haomingxing. I feel it is a rebranded generic brand.
397375273d9e081a6ceb1dd3f8a0f699.jpg

It my experience you always get what you pay for. What about a good quality used from eBay?
I totally agree with the " we are not rich enough to afford cheap things" idea but in this case I wish I could find a more affordable solution.

Cheapest I can find is Maxpect Gyre 330 standard for 203€.

Just by looking at it it's just a rebranded "cross flow", which is the knock off gyre. If you look at a marine forum there should be plenty of reviews. It basically comes down to the cross flow being ok, not the best but it's been out long enough for most problems to be fixed.

Back