• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this a good mixture ?

id_darren

This is suggested in a youtube video uploaded on the planted tank uk channel he is also a member in this forum ( awesome channel ) , thank you sir !

Standard Ei Dosing [This is a guideline only]

Macro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
4tsp Potassium Nitrate
1tsp Potassium Phosphate
6tsp Magnesium Sulphate
500ml water

Micro Solution
Mix, Shake & Leave to Dissolve Overnight:
1tsp Chelated Trace Elements
500ml Water

Dosing
Macro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)
Micro 3x a week. (10ml per 50ltr of Aquarium water)
20-50% weekly water change

Do you agree ?

I'm guessing that your tank is 50 liter? You didn't really state the tank size directly. Your dosing seems fine, maybe a little on the low side for Kno3, but I don't know what you have in your tank.

Assuming a 50 liter tank i would dose the following and adjust from there as I monitor the effects of the fertilizers on my plants.

500ml dosing solution for 10ml doses.

6tsp KNO3 (monitor your nitrates at water change day and adjust accordingly.
1tsp KH2PO4 (you can add more if you need to reduce KNO3)
8tsp K2SO4 (instead of MGSO4)

I don't dose MGSO4 since I get a enough magnesium from my GH booster when I reconstitute my RO/DI water so I can't comment on that.

Also not sure of your micro dose as I don't know what is in your chelated trace mix. CSM+B & FE? Depending on what you are dosing for your micros and whether or not it has chelated magnesium would alter my MGSO4 dosing if I were dosing that.

Last edited:
I am just a beginner , I thought that the tank size did not matter. I read Clive's post and he said that as long that you are dealing with ppm , any tank will do. At least that's what I thought .Anyway my tank is 150 litres.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

I am just a beginner , I thought that the tank size did not matter. I read Clive's post and he said that as long that you are dealing with ppm , any tank will do. At least that's what I thought .Anyway my tank is 150 litres.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter, Clive is right. You would just triple the dose for a 150 liter tank. I just wanted to know your tank size so I could punch it into a fertilizer calculator. I will say that almost any decent EI dosing regime will work to start off including the one you listed, but no tank is the same and it takes a little monitoring and adjusting to get things right (normally). My tank was high on nitrates because of my bio-load, and I over fed my livestock on purpose. Because of this I cut down on KNO3 to bring my nitrates into a decent range. The suggested dosing is fine, just make sure you watch for any irregularities or deficiencies and adjust as needed. I also lowered my phosphate dosing since my readings were above the 10ppm scale associated with the API kit. I don't mind high phosphates, but I like the ability to now where I'm at so I keep it below 10ppm.

Back