• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this considered high lighting?

Bridgo

20150403_180244_zpsxmggrtvn.jpg

20150403_180217_zps9l2yx32v.jpg

20150403_180110_zpsbnymfquz.jpg

Oh yeah, that might help. Sorry.

The light at the back is a Finnex planted+, I imported this from the USA along with the Finnex Ray 2 that's at the front as they had very positive reviews.

The 3 spotlights in the middle are Arcadia Eco-aqua white led's.

Cheers.

holly cow thats a lot of light!
i have the finnex but only a strip not a double and i have growth with just that. get your discus sunglasses!

I guess it is considered high lighting then :eek:.

LED's vary so much in terms of output which makes it hard to tell. I added the spotlights because I thought the Finnex would struggle to punch light through to the bottom of my 60cm deep tank.

Discus seem fine but sunglasses would look cool :cool:

20150403_203419_zpshm7bozjw.jpg

It also explains why my tank looks like a Jacuzzi half way through my photo period.

Thanks Big clown.

The reason I started this thread was because I was considering adding TMC grobeam's to this mix :wacky:. Not going to do that now though.

I have a little GSA on the glass and on some older leaves but that's it. I have recently increased my phosphate dosing to see if that does the trick.

Believe me I have been through every type of algae in the last year. That was mostly down to poor CO2 though.

I have a long way to go but I'm getting there.

Cheers.

Front Tank Shot or blahblahblahblah This blahblahblahblah? o_O

If it is front tank shot (my guess) then I'm trying to have 2 fronts. I see my tank mostly from the side as the couch is next to my tank so I want it to look good from that angle so I'm working on a raising background that looks something like this:
20150329_172124_zps95in8sjn.jpg

but when you walk into the room you see the tank from the front which looks like:
20150401_184451_zpsfexmh1bc.jpg

I have some fine tuning to do and it's got to growing in to do etc but I think I can eventually pull it off.

Apologies for the bad camera shots.

How do I see your efforts? (I'm new to this)

My tank looked like this at Christmas :
20150104_165208_zpsoz6r3zek.jpg

20150109_183122_zpspex2t5mj.jpg

I originally put a lot of thought into the layout. I tried to place the wood using the rule of thirds (more of a nature style IMO) which is meant to be visually pleasing and then covered the whole thing in plants (more of a dutch style I think) :dead:.

Now I'm aiming to get the plants to match the rule of thirds and match my hard scape at the same time (in my own style) and see what I end up with :nailbiting:.

Bridgo.

Back