• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is this just old leaf die off or deficiencies problem

jonathanj

can you tell me whot this is on my echinodorus leaves "
is it just old leaf die off or some deficiencies problem

iv used root tabs few month back and dose a complete fertilizer daily and also easy carbon

IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0651.JPG

Echinodorus tend to grow from inner rosette so outside leaves are oldest ... looking at the stem length, the damaged leaf seems emerse rather than submerse (but some Echinodorus sp. do have more stem even submerse)

Exception - thriving Echinodorus may create plantlets at the outer edges, so then younger leaves will be there as well

When I plant Echinodorus I remove most of the emerse leaves (see Tropica plant handling video)

Some details would help clarify what may be happening in your situation

Echinodorus tend to grow from inner rosette so outside leaves are oldest ... looking at the stem length, the damaged leaf seems emerse rather than submerse (but some Echinodorus sp. do have more stem even submerse)

Exception - thriving Echinodorus may create plantlets at the outer edges, so then younger leaves will be there as well

When I plant Echinodorus I remove most of the emerse leaves (see Tropica plant handling video)

Some details would help clarify what may be happening in your situation
Thank you for reply alto" details are that I got this as a mother plant and only removed the really bad leaves and left the rest on plant" I added 2 seachem root tabs around base of plant" After few months iv noticed number of leaves ( not stems) just wavy slimmer leaves grow from middle of plant" Things look a little tight around plant as when planted at start" I put in corner behind a big piece of bogwood" Should I cut the out side big old leaves or leave them?

done my water test today

ph 6.8
kh 0
gh3

the potassium was off chart on jbl test at around 17 mg/l or ppm / magnesium was 3 mg/l ppm

nitrate 25ppm

don't test for iron or any other

Do you add any Magnesium or is it in the complete fert?

I would definately cut away (or pull off)the outer leaves when they start degrading, the plant will grow new shoots near the centre as you have seen so just keep trimming away bad looking leaves front the outside and new ones will grow again in the middle.

After few months iv noticed number of leaves ( not stems) just wavy slimmer leaves grow from middle of plant"
These are the submerse growth leafs

I’m just surprised that you’ve not seen a lot more growth over a few months
What species is your Echinodorus?

I planted some E Aquartica and E Ozelot a few weeks ago and much of the growth appears submerse already
but CO2 added

Back