• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

is this ok to use?

Hi,
The word "Soda" in any chemical product name almost always refers to the element Sodium (Na). Sodium is a principle component of Sodium Chloride (NaCl), which is table salt and is definitely not good for freshwater plants generally. You're well advised to steer well clear of Sodium Nitrate because there are so many other good products like Potassium Nitrate which would be referred to as "Potash of Nitrate" in the lingo of garden fertilizers.

I think your second link is broken but I reckon it's http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGH-QUALITY-...rden_Plants_Fertiliser_CV?hash=item588186fc51

I have no idea what "super phosphate" is. Best to call and find out what the cation is. if it's Potassium then it's all good, but again, if it's Sodium Phosphate for example then you have the same problems.

Cheers,

Hi all,
Super Phosphate is acid treated "rock phosphate", usually as "triple superphosphate", it contains a lot of P, not all of it soluble, it is purely a fertiliser for use on container stock, gardens etc. Horticulturally in hydroponic solutions the phosphorus source used is normally "mono-ammonium phosphate", so again not ideal again for planted tanks (or at least those containing animals).
cheers Darrel

Back