• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this the colour in aiming for?

Martin cape

Using these drop checkers is hard work.

The Flo glass one looks blue all the time using 4dKH and Bromo soln. I bought.

This JBL one looks a bit better bet it only looks obvious with a light shone on it. Is this about right?
aze6a6er.jpg

hi,the colour looks ok.you might want to try the drop checker in different positions in your tank to see if the co2 is getting distributed all over.
all the best .mr p.

Thanks pal. It's the same colour when I wake up in morning too.

It likely doesn't gas off much through night.

Personally I think it needs to be lighter, difficult to tell though from images. If it isn't altering overnight I'd definitely try to increase injection rate to get a definite change in colour. Best to do it when your at home for a few days to increase very slowly if there is livestock already in the tank.
Cheerio
Ady

You should be looking at your plants and fish first, then the DC color.

It doesn't matter what color the DC is if you are getting CO2 related algae, or if the leaves are suffering CO2 deficiency syndromes. If the plants are fine then whatever color you get is fine. If the plants are not fine then whatever color the DC has is not fine. The DC is a guide only. It can show you the path, but do not become hypnotized by it, because it's just another test kit.

Cheers,

Reactions: tim
Back