• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this utricularia graminifolia?

Vivian Andrew

Hi,

Today went to an hill station, we stopped near a water stream and saw utricularia graminifolia in bunch but still wanna confirm whether it is utricularia graminifolia i'm pretty sure it is, see the below pic and do give your comments.
utr_1.jpg

utr_2.jpg

utr_3.jpg

utr_4.jpg

I know this plant native is Asia and can be found in India also, but never thought it's available near my home. That place was fully covered with this plant :).

I allready tried for the third time to make a carpet of it. Always melt.. :(
That is not a submersed plant. It needs to be dry planted otherwise it will melt. Most for shure buddy.

Still.. despite some sites says it´s medium difficulty it is not. She requires lot´s of Co2 in the bottom (is not a sub one) and at list 6500 to 8000 K to grow nicely.

And it all depends to on your water parameters.

(acording to my readings and some collegues experience too.)

@Andrew. Great find though....are you going to try it in your tank? I am growing it on a moss ball (sphagnum moss mixed with Java moss) and it's doing very well....

@Clive. In a tank it doesn't seem to mind the parameters much indeed Clive, but in nature you usually only find UG in water with a low TDS. I just wanted to see if this was the case here too.

Still.. despite some sites says it´s medium difficulty it is not. She requires lot´s of Co2 in the bottom

Hi Paulo,

I guess it will grow fine in my place coz the same water comes in our tap also, but anyhow I'm using RO with minerals not planning to add in my existing tank planning to setup a new tank in that i will try for sure.

@Andrew. Great find though....are you going to try it in your tank? I am growing it on a moss ball (sphagnum moss mixed with Java moss) and it's doing very well....

I gave this to my friend and will try in a new setup for sure:), anyhow i can get lot of these now as i know the place;)

Back