• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ISTA External CO2 Ceramic Diffuser

Well, I got the one listed by LondonDragon in the first post.

It is a bit leak prone. But I replaced the locking nut things, which are utterly useless, with compression fittings, I think they're called. Then, it leaked out of the CO2 inlet. So I wrapped the thread for that in PTFE tape. Then it leaked from the ceramic diffuser that I think does most of the work. So, PTFE taped that and then it was good to go. Let me just say that for £17 + £2 for the fittings and tape I'm happy, but by no means is it efficient. Its more efficient than my bodge job temp solution when I switched over to pressurised gas.

I'm not bothered by the misting it gives personally. But certainly seems like the up atomiser would be a better bet.

Cheers for the reply mate, but I did manage to get an UP atomiser off ebay, it is probably a cheap chinese copy but so far it works perfectly. :)

An update - just under two months later and its pretty much stopped diffusing at all. Cleaned, took apart, put back together multiple times, but to no avail.

So... how much will it cost me to build a reactor myself?

Back