• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

It's it safe to remove faulty regulator from co2 bottle?

Hi all, I think I have a problem with my co2 regulator. The psi doesn't go down after disconnecting from the power, switching off the co2 bottle and fully opening the valve knob. The psi should go down to zero, right? Assuming there's still high pressured co2 inside the regulator, what's the safest way to remove it from the bottle?
Thanks

The pic below shows how it looks with the valve fully loosened and the bottle closed.
received_834276600928482.jpeg

As above, you need the solenoid to be on and open to allow the remaining gas to escape from the reg, likely won't hurt if you were to just unscrew it but i always purge all gas from the system first.

My regulator also has an’over-pressure’ release valve on the bottom of the reg. I’ve pulled this without freezing my fingers off, but it has a small ring on it so you could use pliers for extra safety if yours has that feature!

Back