• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[IWAGUMI] My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125 (THE END)

Re: My First Iwagumi - Juwel Rio 125

Day 7:

Added some Cyperus Helferi to the back, I am not 100% sure about this plant yet and if I am going to leave it in the tank, I like how it sways in the flow so might stay, will see. Also added some Blyxa Japonica and some Crypt Parva, very small portions so hardly noticeable at the moment. (Thanks to B7fec for the plants)

p1030335.jpg

p1030339.jpg

p1030343j.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Yes yes, leave helferi there. Looks very nice and 1 week growth is very noticeable too. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, the HC is growing very nicely which is a first! specially since I upped the light to 6x24w on day 4 lol
No signs of algae yet, so far I have done 2 water changes doing the 3rd tonight closer to when the lights go off.

Celestial said:
It looks spectacular!
Thanks Brendan, not there yet, but so far I am happy with the progress, actually surprised the HC is doing so well, and it looks so green and healthy that is hard to believe also, since planting it had no melt at all.

You'll be onto the next scape in a weeks time!

Garuf said:
Haha one more week and I think the carpet will have filled in!! The trick is how long to keep this going? I am not one of tearing down a scape, need to work out how I can evolve this into another scape eventually with that is even possible. But I do want to keep as an Iwagumi for a few months at least.

Stem background, that's endless varients there. Staurgyne for moss there's loads. It's a beauty of a scape but I can't help noticing the water column appears green?

Garuf said:
Stem background, that's endless varients there. Staurgyne for moss there's loads. It's a beauty of a scape but I can't help noticing the water column appears green?
There is still a lot of dust from the rock and soil in there, its been clearing at every water change, need to up the water changes to daily to get rid of that. The stems are a good idea, need to practice how to trim them so this might work out in the long run.

You sure the 1.21 gigawatts you have running aren't giving you green water? ;)

Garuf said:
You sure the 1.21 gigawatts you have running aren't giving you green water? ;)
Positive, only upped to 6 after day 4 and was like that straight after I filled the tank.

I wonder what your PAR ratings are, there might be something to this high light thing you know...

Garuf said:
I wonder what your PAR ratings are, there might be something to this high light thing you know...
No idea about PAR, the plan is to reduce it soon anyway, once the HC compacts a little more. I did wonder that, but it was like that from the time I filled it up, was much darker before and now its clearing away.

LondonDragon said:
Garuf said:
Haha one more week and I think the carpet will have filled in!! The trick is how long to keep this going? I am not one of tearing down a scape, need to work out how I can evolve this into another scape eventually with that is even possible. But I do want to keep as an Iwagumi for a few months at least.
Easy mate. Just change the plants... ;)

Looking very nice, by the way! :thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Easy mate. Just change the plants... ;)
Looking very nice, by the way! :thumbup:
Haha long way to go yet ;)
Thanks George :)

Day 14:

Not a lot has changed, just letting the HC grow, I am going to leave it for another week then I am going to trim it to make it look more even. So far can't complain as its growing nicely. I am going to get rid of the C Helferi, if anyone wants it PM me.

p1030464l.jpg

p1030469v.jpg

p1030448v.jpg

p1030451.jpg

p1030454b.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

thats really coming on now...the stone looks excellent.

Back