• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

J Art's 60cm

J Art

Hey everyone. Since the last project was more of a 'learning to grow' tank, I would like this to be more of a proper aquascape. Here is the driftwood arrangement along with some planting ideas sketched in.

sketchAqua2.JPG

Aquarium: UNS 60U
Hardscape: Manzanita Driftwood & possibly some black lava rock for structural support.

Plant ideas:
Hemianthus Monte Carlo carpet
Hydrocotyle tripartita small patch on the right
Hydrocotyle verticillata small bit on the right
Fissidens fontanus on trunk portions
Mini Christmas moss on branches
Ludwigia Sp. Red mini behind trunk structure
Eleocharis acicularis in the background
Rotala green in the back right corner
Blyxa Japonica at base of trunk
Anubias Bonsai attached to driftwood

Substrate will likely slope slightly towards the back right. My current bath towel substrate is rather difficult to slope :p

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Nice planning. You mean the rocks will be hidden?
I would suggest a second spot of verticillata or tripartita on the left between Eleocharis and Monte Carlo (you may need some mid-ground transition there...?). I've noticed that in my tank the verticillata (with a very good light) stays low and very compact. Quite nice....

Thanks @Bolota . Good suggestion on midground transition on the left. My first thought was to have the Monte Carlo mix in with the Eleocharis and transition that way, but I like your idea better of using something like else there.

*Edit* - rocks would be hidden if used.

Nice sketch but you draw stem plants too low, actually they will grow all the way to the top, so you'd better be prepared to trim them quite often or plan the scape accordingly.

Nice sketch but you draw stem plants too low, actually they will grow all the way to the top, so you'd better be prepared to trim them quite often or plan the scape accordingly.

Right. Rotala green grows moderately in my experience so far. Which would probably mean trimming every 2-3 weeks which is ok with me.

Other stems like Myriophyllum grow ridiculously fast, so definitely won't use something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 12

All seems well. Mosses are planted and Monte Carlo has settled in with new growth appearing quickly.
A few diatoms, but I suspect they're on their way out soon.

Stainless steel lilly pipes will be arriving shortly, so don't mind the Fluval in/out pipes at the moment.
I initially thought I would need more light with this setup because of the extra height, but things are growing well and pearling nicely so I think I'll stay right where I am for the time being.

Could use a bit more flow in the back right corner, but overall a good pattern.
Standard EI dosing.

Did daily 40% water changed for the first week, now every 2 or 3 days.
Feeling good in the sense that it looks somewhat close to what I had imagined at the beginning, though could use some improvements. Happy enough to let things settle in and mature.

Wow Jart, the planning and execution are almost the same! Nice work dude.

Back