• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Jason's NA 65x43x45

Not at all

Foreground is Eleocharis mini which I used as I like the grass effect but didn't want anything too big.

I added some cryptocoryne green by the rocks as I think adds some interest.

On the flat rocks I have put some flame moss mainly as I like how it grows upwards and was also recommended by the green machine.

I added some pogostemon erechus in front of the main stone with alternanthera renecki in front of this as I wanted some colour contrast.

Back corners are Vallisneria Tiger just to frame the stones.

So that is my thought process for the plants comments welcome.

Fish and shrimp I haven't decided I like apisto's but don't think they will work I'm probably going to wait until plants are grown in a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the detailed list. I really like your tank setup. I might get some similar plants... looking forward to reading about how you get on with them. Cheers TD

Thanks TD, I knew next to nothing on plants so reading through the journals has been a great help.

So its been a couple of weeks and have been adjusting the co2 levels and testing ph etc

Flame moss is growing nicely, it went nuts today after big water change

13014585275_1f9ab3efef_n.jpg
by J_Braby, on Flickr

Grass is also growing nicely and filling starting to fill can see some good roots, I still need to get some backing paper the wallpaper behind does it no favours..I'm also happy with the growth if the alternanthera especially as im still fiddling with CO2 a bit.

13014665245_e805558483_n.jpg
by J_Braby, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really like the rock layout, looks very natural and flows well
It's a shame the central rock is in the dark, I'm sure the photo does it no justice

Yes used my phone as wanted a quick snap

Back