• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java Fern

Noddy

Seedling
Please could somebody advise me the best way to attach Java Ferns to rocks.I thought I would have some at the back of the tank and thought i could hold them down on a rock.

Many thanks

I like to use the small black hair dressing rubber bands. Quick and easy to attach and they perish and break after a month or so bu which time the roots have fixed themsleves to the rock. Very convenient and cheap too!

Not a wind up. Tried it myself for the first time a couple of weeks ago with an anubias sp. and it worked a treat. Far better than messing around with cotton that I'd tried before. Just be careful you don't wind up with a rock glued to the end of your finger :)

Search the forum for more info, but you want some superglue based on cyanoacrylate. FWIW, I got some 'Super Glue Ultra Gel' from Sainsburys a few weeks ago, for a bit less than they're selling it in B&Q.

Useful info as I never bothered using superglue before.
Will try this tonight as I have alot of java fern to attach to pieces of wood :)

Superglue has been used in the hobby for sometime now, used to attach all sorts of plants to rocks and wood, including mosses! Just don't use too much or you will end up with a lot of white blobs!

Back