• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java fern

sanj said:
Phillippine variant has much more obvious hammering effect on the leaves and from memory I remember an article on it some years ago in PFK that it can grow on substrate if not buried too much. I dont remember if this was a natural variety or a cultivated one.
Do you mean grow on the substrate emersed or just burying the roots in the substrate underwater

This is about windelov as well, I have a high tech tank now and the java fern windelov is growing much better, but I'm not adding nitrogen or any of that just carbon. So I think they just need a decent amount of light to grow quickly and my main tank is only 0.8 watts per gallon of t8 lighting.

can someone post pictures or a link to pictures of these cultivars of Java fern, tks , particularly the 'Phillipine ' java fern

Ok just an update, now Ive got regular, trident and phillipene. Its funny Ive went from having no plants to having about 15 species, soon to be more

Back