• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Java plants

hi
i have been looking through old posts regarding this company and see there are mixed reviews, i also noticed there have been no recent posts so im wondering what the company are like these days, has anyone used them recently?

cheers

Send an email to them or call them to see if they respond quickly. I have a feeling you may wait some time.
A part time, don't care enough attitude is something to avoid. But try them for a chat first :)

I used them recently to start off my first planted tank with about 6 different types of plants and I have to say they delivered when they said they would and the plants were in very good condition and well packaged.

Also, their prices are much better than "the green machine".

Graham

My experience of the person at Java plants was awful! A complete lack of customer care, and a ridiculous amount of phone calls and messages left before any contact was finally made. Took weeks to process a refund when the plant I was after did not arrive after 3 attempts.
Maybe I was unlucky :-/

I ordered some plants from them a month ago, they arrived on time but weren't in the best of conditions.

The moss was practically all brown, its mostly green now tho.

Amazon swords had brown patches on 80% of the leaves.

Creeping jenny survived and came in good condition.

Four leaf clovers i just threw out because they were so bad.

hat22 said:
I used them recently to start off my first planted tank with about 6 different types of plants and I have to say they delivered when they said they would and the plants were in very good condition and well packaged.

Graham

I've never jumped in to defend a supplier in the past, and yes I agree they can be a bit pricey on some things but you cannot compare Java Plants or any online supplier that import to order against Tropica pots, no matter who supplies them.

It's like comparing a Skoda to a damn Porsche. :D

You only get what you pay for and after using one of these inport to order companies I'll stick to Aquafleur or Tropica pots in future.

spyder said:
hat22 said:

Graham

I've never jumped in to defend a supplier in the past, and yes I agree they can be a bit pricey on some things but you cannot compare Java Plants or any online supplier that import to order against Tropica pots, no matter who supplies them.

It's like comparing a Skoda to a damn Porsche. :D

You only get what you pay for and after using one of these inport to order companies I'll stick to Aquafleur or Tropica pots in future.

And I'm the last person to defend skoda but they are now owned by VAG so are just rebadged VW's so not actually alot of dif between one and a BMW. You may now carry on lol

hat22 said:

Is this java plants selling Tropica though?...if not, this is not a fair comparison at all.

TGM, aqua essentials, aquajardin are all top sellers of quality potted plants. If you after the best, try these guys over anyone else.

And if you really want to try your luck, pop into P@H on a Thursday and try and get first dibs on Tropica plants at their most healthiest.

Back