• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL flora bio 160(no co2)

Keeonic

First of all I'll apologise , this will probably been covered before. Set up this system on a 65 litre tank as I am totally new to planted tanks and wanted to start small. No joy at all with the formula given and used the second lot that was included in the kit as I thought I had used it wrong. Only had a minor amount of bubbles then nothing, also have an indicator that showed zero co2.
I would like to go down the route of a diy mixture using sugar, yeast and baking soda. Would also like to use the existing hardware from the kit.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
IMG_20171222_181042.jpg

Hi. Sell/throw straight into rubbish. Buy pressurized CO2 system instead. That is my advice. I have JBL 0,5 kg CO2 canister or what's it called in proper English. I'm running this on my 63ltr tank ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will provide with wildly variating CO2 levels, this will cause problems as the plants won't be able to adapt to this.
I you want to do a yeast system make it with 3 or 4 bottles in line , all started on another day. This way the amount should be less variable.
And keep low light thus reducing the need from the plants for CO2

I tried the whole citric acid/baking soda on a 120l. The varying amount of co2 generated depending on temp and pressure really screwed my tank up. It was either nowt or very little co2 or an insane amount which couldnt really be controlled to any degree.

My advice is buy cheap buy twice. I went the soda stream route but have a reg I can stick a different adapter on if I want to go FE route later on.

Two weeks in things are getting much much better.

Hope this helps

Back