• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

JBL regulator and water damage

Lunar Jetman

I've just discovered that my CO2 has run out and the check valve has failed so water has made it into the regulator.. :(

I need to get a replacement bottle tomorrow but is my regulator likely to have failed?

Just to add, I've realised the Solenoid valve was closed as the unit was powered off. Not sure if this will stop water flowing back into the regulator but I hope so. Maybe someone can advise? (Hopefully!)

Thanks Hogan, I'm hoping I caught it early enough. I will definitely get at least 2 check valves now. Always planned to get the extra one but didn't count on the JBL one failing...

I did catch it early enough so that the regulator was not damaged and now I have two check valves in place. All seemed fine with the setup for a few weeks but now my solenoid keeps sticking open. I got the JBL m602 so the solenoid came directly attached to the regulator and I'm not sure if it is easily removed. I presume it is?

Would a few blasts of air help do you think? I had it in the airing cupboard for a couple of days (with the regulator attached of course!) to ensure it was dried out and all seemed ok at first but now not.

Any suggestions advice would be appreciated.

Back