• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel Rio 240 Planted Tank

aquagenetics

Hey Everyone,
I recently moved with my girlfriend to a new house, and decided to finally switch to an active soil, and go for a more Dutch Style Scape.
This is the tank we have in our living room next to the couch.
i chose Tropica aquasoil and so far im liking it, i can see the plants growing way better then just with an inert soil.

Dosing : 8 ml of Masterline All-in one Soil ferts currently, and Easy Life easy carbo 9ml every day.
Lights : 2x juwel helialux spectrum (120 watt total)
Co2 : JBL pro flora inline diffusor
Light time : 8 hours approximately with build up.

All tips / feedback are welcome!

p.s the drop checker was blue, since i refreshed the liquid in the picture, will post other picture soon when lights are on, and dropchecker green.
also i planted hopefully rotala Hra (Thats what the shop said) next to the rotala rotundifolia. it looks like it so im wondering how that would establish.

20211006_210106.jpg

Tank looks really good. I suffered diatoms for three months only now seems to be getting better . Maybe lots of Water changes and l think@Geoffrey Rea advises lean liquid fertiliser in the early stages especially with a nutrient rich substrate

I've always loved that red Myriophyllum Tuberculatum, and I like that despite having a dutch tank there is at least some hardscape there :) Good luck!

Tank looks really good. I suffered diatoms for three months only now seems to be getting better . Maybe lots of Water changes and l think@Geoffrey Rea advises lean liquid fertiliser in the early stages especially with a nutrient rich substrate
Thanks for your compliment! yes i did alot of water changes in the beginning since tropica advised that, and dosed half of the recommended fert dose, now im doing 8ml first i did like 4 because i saw some deficiency's, diatoms you can easily get rid of by increasing the light, and water changes right ? im mostly always fighting with BBA and GSA trying to get the CO2 to do as less fluctuations as possible, currently letting the co2 on 3 hours before lights go on.

I've always loved that red Myriophyllum Tuberculatum, and I like that despite having a dutch tank there is at least some hardscape there :) Good luck!
Thanks for telling me how that plant is called, the store i bought it from said i was lucky to get it, since its quite rare that they have it there i hope it will do well, haha yes i have some hardscape, so i think we could say its more like a Dutch Freestyle tank right ? :p

Update : Added some eleocharis acicularis on the foreground.
sorry for the overlighted images, i take the pics from my phone.

20211007_190814.jpg

Added a video of my tank, i see quite alot of pearling but still getting some BBA and Greenspot algae, i checked nitrate and its 20-25 phosphates were 0, do i need to increase phosphates ?
Any tips are welcome.

Back