• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel t8 tubes

zoon

I have four 36W t8 tubes with reflectors over my tank. 2 of these now need replacing as they are beginning to lose their brightness. Are there any cheap tubes I can get that will fit and be ok for plant growth? Are there any better ones I can buy for plant growth without replacing the light units (budget won't stretch that far!)? I am not impressed with the amount of light I get off them so would like something brighter, but I know Juwel are sneeky and make their products so that nothing else fits and you need to buy their own parts! Did a quick google search, but didn't really find much

Hi Zoon
zoon said:
2 of these now need replacing as they are beginning to lose their brightness.
That may be so, but you will still grow plants with them. I only change mine when they go pop :lol:

Check your tube length before you purchase. I thought Juwel were only sneaky with their T5 lengths. Although I may be wrong on that, so you need to check.
If they are standard lengths I would get these. About the cheapest you'll find.
4 Foot lamps
With regards to colour, just buy the one's you like the look of. Your plants don't care :D

I'll just leave them then until they "go pop"

Thanks, especially for link as it is very cheap

Back