• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel tank lighting

joanne

Changing my tanks to a

Juwel rio 180 the light unit will be High-Lite Light Unit 100 cm, 2 x 45 W

and a

juwel lido 120 the light unit will be High-Lite Light Unit 60 cm, 2 x 24 W

Will these T5 light be ok for growing plants in or will I need to add some more light. The top tank will have CO2 as I already have a unit.

Hi

I have the Rio 180 and have been using the Jewl 4000K supplied tube and a replacement 6500K tube instead of the supplied 9000k as I find the light from these to harsh.

Some of my plants have shown signs of lack of light ie leggy growth etc.

Last weekend I changed the Jewel 4000k tube for a JBL Tropic, it could be me but things seam to be looking up already.

Hi Joanne.

You certainly don't have to worry about your lighting. You should be able to grow just about any plant you choose.
I am currently running a Rio 180 with the 2 x 45w tubes and I have grown HC and glosso in previous set ups. I'm currently giving hairgrass a go in the tank in my signature.
I've never had a problem with not enough light on this tank :D. Not enough of other things..................now that's a different story altogether :lol:.

Hi i have a rio 180,but only have a T8 light bar.I would like to upgrade to T5, but the cost is putting me off! 70 to 80 squids. Been looking around for a different option, any ideas??? I do have a penedulum MH, but needs a new bulb and her indoors will not let me hang it from the roof!!!

Back