• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Juwel vision 450 and poorly looking plants

zoon

My juwel vision is planted with vallis, swords, crypts, java fern, anubias and blyxa. So nothing majorly demanding. The swords are beginning to look "see through" if that makes sense. The leaves seem to lose their colour and then turn into a fine mesh. Does that make any sense at all?!

I have the salts (potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, magnesium sulphate and trace elements), but no idea how I should be dosing them and reading through this forum I am now very confused! Since the tank is large, I'd like to dose the salts dry, but can anyone work out how much I should dose please?

I have fairly hard water as far as I'm aware - do I need to dose anything else such as calcium???

swords are beginning to look "see through" + turn into a fine mesh = too much light and/or poor CO2/flow.

Cheers,

Thanks. I have 4x36W T8s on for 8 hours a day. No added CO2 and flow from my 2 tetratec ex1200 filter outputs only. I don't want to add CO2, so should I increase flow and if so how? Or reduce lighting?

Hi,
You'll need to reduce the light intensity mate. Flow only has significance within the context of CO2.

Cheers,

Back