• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Keeping guppies in 0KH water

Umm... I know it sounds a bit silly but as it's my first time, could someone point me to the right place to buy potassium bicarbonate from?

I don't want to end up on a list or something.

Umm... I know it sounds a bit silly but as it's my first time, could someone point me to the right place to buy potassium bicarbonate from?

I don't want to end up on a list or something.

Try amazon Whatever your buying just make sure its 100% food grade with no additives.

You will be on a list all right, but not a list that will get you into trouble.

Cheers,
Michael

Here:

Or here:

I would consider using calcium carbonate. It won't dissolve right away and will leave the water cloudy for maybe an hour, but it dissolves eventually, especially if adding CO2. And then you don't need to have so much potassium. Or maybe do some potassium and some calcium.

I reckon crushed coral shell in the filtration ,as said. Some shops run sump systems on multiple aquariums with obviously different fish species using crushed coral shell grit

I would consider using calcium carbonate. It won't dissolve right away and will leave the water cloudy for maybe an hour, but it dissolves eventually, especially if adding CO2. And then you don't need to have so much potassium. Or maybe do some potassium and some calcium.
good shout. Will start off with the potassium and explore doing half and half later when I feel more confident about it.

Cost wise, it should beat using salty shrimp

Back