• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Koralia selection and placement advice, please

Slyspy

Seedling
I have a fairly heavily planted Rio 180l tank with a 1200ex filter. I'm thinking of adding some extra movement using a koralia and am looking for advice on size and placement. The filter intake is in the back right corner where the juwel filter used to be, while the return is an extended spray bar which runs across most of the back of the tank. This may be shortened to concentrate the flow in the centre, I haven't decided. I don't currently have injected CO2, but while do in the future.

With this in mind would I be better off going for a koralia 2 or maybe two koralia 1? Where would you recommed I place the koralia? I thought in the front left corner, blowing vaguely downwards towards the filter intake. Or would this merely ruin the flow from the spray bar which hits the front glass and diffuses to either side?

Thanks for any advice.

I had a #1 and was sufficient in a vision 180 with the addition of an external filter.
That said, 2 #1's would of been good too, mainly because of the bow shaped front.

I'd suggest that you get one #1, see how it goes and then could decide if you need a second.

For placement, it's best to keep it in a place that'll aid the flow around from your external filter, so that the water is in a big loop.

On my vision 180, I had the filter intake on the back left and the output via a spray bar on the back near the top pointing forwards. I found (for me) that it was best to put the pump on the back right side pointing diagonally towards the front. Each setup will be different so you'll just have to have a play.

Back