• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Kuhli loaches.

If it helps my local maidenhead almost always has them and dirt cheap too. I picked up 6 for £5 a few months ago

Interesting fish. I have always been sort of fascinated by them but confused as well. Do they serve any beneficial purpose in an aquarium (like shrimp or snails) or are they "just another fish" at the end of the day ?

They are bottom feeders who thanks to their size and shape can get into the hard to reach areas to keep the substrate clean.

They are bottom feeders who thanks to their size and shape can get into the hard to reach areas to keep the substrate clean.

Thanks UKC so do they actually dig into the substrate and squirm around in there, or are they just handy for reaching food particles in nooks and crannies ?

I use sand and they do dig a little but not much, in large gravel I have seen them slip down to get to the goodies at the bottom though. Mostly for me they just get into the rock work and nooks .

Still see them occasionally up North , as commented earlier they look a bit lightweight . I remember when they first appeared there were many different species available ( with varying bands , colour ways and sometimes no stripes )and all seemed to grow into big fat specimens ! Maybe they'll get sourced in the wild and re-appear at some stage !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back