• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

L_Plates Juwel Rio 240 - Cycle and Design Log

Plant it first and then add the fish after a week or two, they always cause problems when first introduced! Especially the corys.

Looking good tho!

Latest snap of the tank, just added the wood and plants on the right. All done now just need to let the plants and fish settle in.

Hope you like it.

240latest.jpg

All comments welcome.

Cheers
L_Plates

The drop checker is BLUE!!!!!

Johno2090 said:
The drop checker is BLUE!!!!!

I know, just changed it half an hour before the video was made. Slowly going green but i am yet to manage a nice lime green :(

Currently running 2 x 2ltr bottle of the yeast mix and is being diffused via the powerhead.

If the co2 does not look likes its working within the next few weeks i will be looking into the FE setup. Needs to save up some pennies again !

Cheers
LP

bigmatt said:
That's a very pretty lump of wood!
M

2 pieces attached together, spent many hours playing around with them before settling with that look :D

LP

Hello all a bit of an update. I have added a new plant on the right to try and hide the filter. The plant is Echinodorus x barthii. Also i have had to move a few plants around a little as the strong flow was tearing one to pieces so i have moved it to the right aswell where its a little calmer.

Also i have moved over my fish from my 60l so i can use the smaller tank for a Fry / Hospital tank.

I would love any feedback or ideas on the tank as im still unsure about the layout.

Fish: 19 Copper Harlequins, 12 Five Banded Barbs, 6 Peppered Cory, 4 German Blue Rams, 6 Hillstream Loaches, 2 Mollies, 3 Platinum Tetras, 3 Glowlight Tetras, 3 Cardinal Tetras, 4 Assassin Snails

Plants: Aponogeton crispus 'Red', Echinodorus x barthii, Taxiphyllum barbieri, Sagittaria platyphylla, Eleocharis parvula, Sagittaria subulata, Bacopa australis, Echinodorus bleheri (bleherae), Alternanthera reineckii 'Purple' (lilacina), Anubias, Java Fern, Echinodorus x barthii.

Co2: Fire Extinguisher 2kg. Diffused via my SEIO 250 Powerhead.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFjllBTXlNk

Images
Five Banded Barbs.
barbs1.jpg

barbs2.jpg

German Blue Rams
rams.jpg

Thanks for reading and any feedback / ideas are greatly received.

LP

Latest Tank Shot.

14th July 2011
21st-June-2011.jpg

Now i need to look into EI dosing as TPN+ is killing my bank account !

Back