• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ladder diffuser...

tobyone

Seedling
Hi, whilst im sourcing the parts for the fire extinguisher co2 supply i have resorted to mans best friend (yeast) in order to create co2. i have a 200 litre tank and need to get a diffuser. i read that the ceramic/glass ones wont work with yeast...is that true? also, are the ladder diffusers worth using?

Thanks, Toby

Hello mate,

That's a pretty large tank to go yeast co2 on, have sorted you mix, George posted a good link on someones journal a few weeks ago and I've been using it with great effect on my 20L so ill get hold of the link for you and post it.

For a tank over 100L it'll be worth having 2 bottles of mixture running at the same time.

I have mine running via a ceramic deffuser, it works fine :) nice small bubbles that get sucked into my HOB filter which then sends out a stream of micro bubbles all across the tank.

Hope this helps Toby. When should we be expecting a journal :D

here's the link

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/to ... ser-guide/

Please give it a thorough read through, I don't mean to tell you how to suck eggs (never got that saying) but obviously this method of co2 cannot be switched off with the lights so if running a strong mix take into consideration the adverse effect of co2 on fish.. :) and shrimp...

Welcome to the forum mate

Ryan.S

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Yeah im running a parallel 2x 2 litre yeast powered co2 generator that produces a good amount of co2. I think il go for the glass ceramic option. the co2 production really slows in the night as i switch off the radiator and leave the bottles by the window. Its buffered and checked regularly. one generator is a few days behind the other in order to allow a changeover of mixture without removing the co2 supply. Im going to move to plastic kegs (few galls) to see if i can generate the co2 more efficiently. Il be running a fire extinguisher jobby soon anyway and i have few fish atm so i can play about and get it right. i can also switch the kegs off at night and they are strong enough to hold whatever pressure the yeast creates...should be enough co2 to last the whole day easily.

T.

P.s. journal article coming soon. maybe.

Back