• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lagenandra meeboldii ?

BruceF

I have this plant growing well now and I am wondering how to propagate it? Anybody know?

Oh so it is more like an anubias than a crypt. I am a bit hesitant to dig it out of the substrate just to figure out what needs to be done,

It is kind of stuck in here. There are at least two of them.

IMG_0106 (800x600).jpg

There seem to be two individual plants there - if so, you can ofcourse separate them, re-planting separately.
If it is two "tops" originating from same plant, you should let both grow on, untill you can clearly make out the actual stems. Then cut off the top(s) + at least 3 or 4 adult leaves. Remove lowest leaf and re-plant (basically like any other stem-plant). Remaining piece of plant will usually sprout one or more new tops. Re-planted top(s) will grow new roots, making a new plant.
Flowers suggest it is actually much closer to Cryptocorynes, than Anubias. Same awfull smell.
- you are right, it is an easy grown plant........able to produce leaves with quite an interesting and varying colouration within a single leaf.

Back