• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Laimis's Juwel Rio 180

laimyzaz

Hi everyone :)
After spending lots of time on this forum and gathering information about planted tanks i've dicided to do my first journal.
Set up
Tank-Juwel rio 180
Lighting- Juwel T5 Highlight (2x45W)
Substrate-Tesco cat litter
Co2 system-Pressurised
Filtration-Fluval 4 plus(internal)+2 hydor karolia2 for water circulation
Ferts-EI method
Water change-50% weekly

Plants
Pogostemon stellata
Pogostemon helferi
Blyxa japonica
Staurogyne sp.
Hemianthus callitrichoides cuba
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Weeping moss
X-mas moss
Round pelia
Riccardia graeffei
Cryptocoryne

Fauna
30 cardinal tetra,3 ottos,3ancistrus,3 pygmy corrys and 10 malaysian trupet snails

Thats how tank looked 1 hour after i filled it with water

IMGP5744.jpg

Next morning

IMGP5763.jpg

And 1 week later

IMGP5775.jpg

IMGP5774.jpg

IMGP5757.jpg

Bravo! Well done mate. :clap:

Love that crypt shot. So clean and organized. I'd be pleased with that. Looks like your research paid off.

You are The One Neo....

Cheers,

Ooooo that's ah keeper :)

Very very militant planting I suspect it'll payoff, and with such a great list of plants and good bit of kit this sure be a very interesting journal to follow. Your ottos will be lost in that in no time :D

ceg4048 said:
Bravo! Well done mate. :clap:

Love that crypt shot. So clean and organized. I'd be pleased with that. Looks like your research paid off.

You are The One Neo....

Cheers,
Thanks ceg :D

nayr88 said:
Ooooo that's ah keeper :)

Very very militant planting I suspect it'll payoff, and with such a great list of plants and good bit of kit this sure be a very interesting journal to follow. Your ottos will be lost in that in no time :D
Thanks nayr :D
My ottos already are lost in it as i don't see them very often :)

Looks great, especially as a hardscape-less tank! Keep the pictures coming, I think like many we'll be keen to see how it develops.

Looking good!

I notice you are using 2x Koralia 2's, how do you find them flow wise?

I have a tank of the same dimensions and I bought a single Koralia Evo 2800, but I feel it is just to powerful! Although I suspect many on here would tell me it is fine?

Anyway, can't wait to see this fill and grow.

Cheers
Paul

Garuf said:
Looks great, especially as a hardscape-less tank! Keep the pictures coming, I think like many we'll be keen to see how it develops.
Thanks,i'll update it every few weeks or so :thumbup:

Pixels said:
Looking good!

I notice you are using 2x Koralia 2's, how do you find them flow wise?

I have a tank of the same dimensions and I bought a single Koralia Evo 2800, but I feel it is just to powerful! Although I suspect many on here would tell me it is fine?

Anyway, can't wait to see this fill and grow.

Cheers
Paul
The flow does'nt seem to be to strong plus koralia 2 is 2400l/h maybe thats why yours is too strong :?

I guess 400lph is quite a substantial increase in flow.

Thanks for the feedback.
Paul

Looking good. Did you wash/soak the kitty litter first before putting it in the tank?

che5dhml said:
Looking good. Did you wash/soak the kitty litter first before putting it in the tank?
Yes,i washed it before puting it in the tank

some update photos of the tank.1 month and 5 days after start.Pogostemon stelatus reached the top so i had to cut the tops and replant it :)
IMGP5799.jpg

ignore all the equipment in this photo :oops:
IMGP5808.jpg

If everything keeps going at this rate you'll be supplying everyone with plants. Just need that foreground to fill out now and you're onto a winner.

Hi everyone :) I think it's time for some update of my tank progres.Setup is now 2 months and 2 weeks old.Any coments are welcome :thumbup:

IMGP5882.jpg

IMGP5884.jpg

IMGP5885.jpg

IMGP5888.jpg

I think i'll get some other plant instead of pogostemon stelatus in the right corner as it's growing too fast :?

Back