• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lava rock

alzak

Hi I just have found a two huge pieces of lava rock in my LFS and try to found some information about using a lava for a new scape
what do You think about this idea ??anyone use this rock before ?? just want to try something different but not sure if this will work my tank is 120x45x45 optiwhite
do You have any links where can I see how it looks like I just see a nelson tank ??

Thanks Albert

I've seen it used in a few scapes, Jason Baliban did the nicest one I can think of off hand. Someone on our forum did one recently that's a lavarock wall that's really good. I'm pretty sure both Phillip Olivieri (faao) and Oliver Knott used it too. A difficult rock to scape with.

Nope it's inert, it's just that it's an unusual colour and texture by and large so it's difficult aesthetically, the same sort of way round pebbles can be difficult to scape with. Heiko blehre used Large lumps of lava rock in his stingray biotope too.

check Oliver Knott's naturesoil demo, you'll find there some inspiration.

p.s. Phillip Olivieri -> Felipe Oliveira :)

I hope that 2 pieces which I see in my LFS are still there lol
If not where can I get some nice large stones online?

alzak said:
ive never seen any myself as I was looking around the web to try and find some more of the black type

alzak said:
i got some from here http://www.water-features-landscaping.c ... 3c341fc361
the price is for 10kg and includes p&p.pot luck what you get though.
you might want to wait until its sunny as its kept outside and holds some water when it rains.so you get less stone ;) .
stuworrall said:
ive never seen any myself as I was looking around the web to try and find some more of the black type
i got some black stuff for my nano 1 from my lfs.last bit.
lovely stone though.much nicer than the red.

Back