• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaking filter

mooregary24

Hi
Has anyone had any experience of a Fluval 205 filter leaking.
It seems to be leaking from around the grey clips that close the canister.
cheers Gary

In a word no, I used to use the 104 and 204 which are pretty much the same as the 05 range but in grey. My other half also uses a 205 and never had a leak.
Is the top half correctly slotting in? There is an O ring around the top half aswell - is this clean and free from defects (and present hopefully)?

How old is the filter?

the exact same thing happened to me on sunday after 3 years of useing the fillter removed cleaned the o ring twice still leaked after the first time, after that did look like it was leaking but i put a plate under it and its still dry now good luck sure it just needs a clean

I have cleaned it, used vaseline on the seal so i have ordered a new seal. I got this filter from my mate who upgraded to a305. He had it for about 8 months and it was leak free. i am using the internal filter on my Juwell tank and because of this leak, i now don't trust this external filter to make the change. I hope it works as it will give me more flow and a bit less maintenance.(ie cleaning sponges).

Cheers Gary

Hi Folks

Got my leaking filter sorted. I put a new seal on it and everything is sweet.

Thanks Gary

Back