• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED height over emersed plants

nphsmith

I am planning to have at least some plants growing to/above the surface. My somewhat old plant book suggests that lights be at least 18" above the water surface in order to avoid burning plants. But I suspect the book is assuming metal halides, whereas I have Maxspect Razor 160w leds. Obviously one of the height questions is about how high the plants will be - but any guesses what height i need to avoid burning the plants?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

I only used to get burning on my H. corymbosa when the plants came within about 3" of the light. If you're wanting a nice emersed display, though, 18" would give a decent amount of room for the plants to develop more naturally, rather than having to curl around the light fixture.

alright guys, i have a 350L 4ft tank, i have 2 x 40watts T8 lights plus 5 x 30 Watts LEDs how high would i need to hang the lights from the water and is all this light needed? how much would you recommend and how many hrs of light ect? im EI dosing, presurized C02, JBL substrate. wave makers. proper decent set up. i generally tend to know what im doing but not too clued up on lights ect. its been running week this particular tank has.

Back