• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led lighting

Mark bowen

Hi all

I’m currently running T5s and I’d like to go led with full control ie sunset dusk and moon light etc.
The tank is 64” long 28”deep and 36” wide. Any ideas would be most welcome as I can’t seem to find anything apart from kessils and I’m not keen on them.
When I kept marines lighting wasn’t a problem lol

Thanks in advance
Mark

This is really your issue - if you want reasonable substrate PAR you need similar design LED to Kessil

Aquaflora has been running some deeper tanks with AI lighting
- check Filipe Oliveira Youtube channel for similar sized tanks, equipment descriptions are often included (or answered in comments)
https://m.youtube.com/user/FaaoStudio/videos
Thanks for your input

160 x 90 x 70 high

Prime freshwater HD (if you choose AI for this tank, make sure it’s the newer HD model)
Aquaflora display tank 150 cm x 60 x 90 high

Except given the 90cm width of your tank, you’ll end up with substantial shading (unless using 6 Primes); given your tank width, the suspension (Hanging) kits would be much better than the Flex Arm kits (which have continuing issues, check at shop before buying)
There’s another Interzoo 2018 tank done with a double array of Prime freshwater HD mounted on what looks to be a modified rail system

Note there have been continuing complaints over issues with the App

It’s a good light but make sure you’re aware of the issues (& discuss resolutions with shop before purchasing)

Hydra52 HD light (unfortunately no freshwater model though I believe there may’ve been some freshwater Hydra52 models)
Aquaflora Interzoo 2018 tank
200cm x 80 x 90 high

Back