• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED Schematics

Just to show (poor picture) this is 4 LEDS working on the adaptors I use. Only 12V - 1.5V for the driver so 10.5V going through 4 LEDs. This is WITH the ambient lighting on. You cannot tell that it is on though.:

Fotos-0018.jpg

And a few LED soldering piccies. The LEDs are spare I bought for my emersed setups. The one on the heatsink is one of the original ones I had for the luminiare. These newer ones in the tray are far superior. Absolutely perfect match with no difference in colour. They are from the same seller as the originals on ebay LEDworld 2007 . In the first picture above the 3 on the left are the newer ones and the one on the right is one of the originals. Notice the difference?:

Fotos-0017.jpg

Fotos-0016.jpg

AC

Cheers, Andy. They're looking really good, the CPU I've got is 12 predominately, is there a possibility 5 x 4 would be better from 12v rather than 7 on 24v?

I think it s just a case of mathematics really. These LEDS are 'supposed to be run between 3.4 and 3.7V however as you can see they run on less if required.

So 4 on 12V = 12-1.5/4 = 2.625V - way under the data sheet suggested.
7 on 24V = 24-1.5/7 = 3.21V - Just about on the money :)

You see what I mean. thats why I did 3 on 12V and not 4.

4 on 12V is still too bright to look directly at but in terms of actual light I'm pretty sure there will be a marked difference.

There are 24V osurces from HK or Far East on ebay if I remember rightly.

AC

Back