• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED suggestion for 45L x 29W x 30D

Jaap

Hello,

just bought a tank 45cm length 29cm width and 30cm depth. It will be a hight tech tank and I am looking for an LED fixture for it. I don't have much experience on the matter so I am looking for something that is more controllable I guess.

1. ADA Aquasky?
2. TMC Ultima 1500 Natural Daylight Tile?
3. TMC Aquabar 500?

I am open to suggestion...

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks Martin for the offer however I am looking for something that people already know in here so I could get their advice...

I would like to see which one of the above 3 would be best.

Why two aquabars? Even if it was not too long wouldn't one suffice?

Tmc mini tile would do it.
I have a 1500 colour plus tile over my 40 cm cube and its way too much, its currently running at 10% 50cm from the substrate(10cm from the water). I was thinking about getting 2 aquabars but they are far too long for my tank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can recommend the aquabar 50cm and dimmer. I know someone else with one and they are surprised how bright it is and thought they'd need 2.

So I could go for either the mini 400 or the aquabar...maybe the aquabar would provide better light spread? Since I am getting a controller I could dim my light....which one of the two is the most powerful?

How about the light spread? Will one cover my 45cm long tank? Unit will be 30cm tank height and 20cm bracket height so 50cm above substrate...

I'm using tmc mini 400s on my low tech set up. I have two suspended 40cm above the the tank and they are set to 35% output, and that's over 100 litre tank. They are very bright little units, and pretty cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will be high tech and yes I am planning to buy a controller

Well my tank is 90cm and the spread is fine from the two units. Is your tank going to be hi tech or low tech? And are you planning on buying a controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it will be high tech and yes I am planning to buy a controller

As i said these are bright little units, i have two 400 mini's each covering a 45x45cm area of my tank. I would think you would be fine using one tile on your tank, I don't have any PAR readings though (i seen your other post), i'm just going from my experiences with using the tmc mini tiles.

I think Lindy has used both the mini tile and the aquabar, so IMO i think Lindy's recommendation would be a good choice.

Who is Lindy in this forum? :)

As i said these are bright little units, i have two 400 mini's each covering a 45x45cm area of my tank. I would think you would be fine using one tile on your tank, I don't have any PAR readings though (i seen your other post), i'm just going from my experiences with using the tmc mini tiles.

I think Lindy has used both the mini tile and the aquabar, so IMO i think Lindy's recommendation would be a good choice.

So have you used both the Grobeam 600 and the Mini LED 400?

Wouldn't the Grobeam 600 be too long for a 45cm aquarium? I mean its not that it will look bad but light will be falling outside the tank right?

I can recommend the aquabar 50cm and dimmer. I know someone else with one and they are surprised how bright it is and thought they'd need 2.

The tmc tile 400mini is very bright. Not to expensive but cost of controller is steep. I used one on a 30cm cube with no controller and with it 40cm above tank still got algae. You'd never be short of light with the tile. The bar is good value for money as the dimmer is only £13 but you can't set sunset and sunrise, just on and off.

so the mini led 400 will have good light spread for the 45cm long tank right?

The tmc tile 400mini is very bright. Not to expensive but cost of controller is steep. I used one on a 30cm cube with no controller and with it 40cm above tank still got algae. You'd never be short of light with the tile. The bar is good value for money as the dimmer is only £13 but you can't set sunset and sunrise, just on and off.

so the mini led 400 will have good light spread for the 45cm long tank right?

Spread should be indicated in the specs of light units. 120 degree beam angle or higher gives wide spread so lights should be close to the water surface to avoid light spilling. Narrower light spread like 90 beam angle or lower will give more concentrated light that penetrates deeper so ideal for suspended light or deeper tanks.

Back