• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LED VERSUS FISH

LED's aren't unnatural, they're just focused lights like in a flashlight but smaller. You still get the same light and same effect. Only difference is that in light bulb light spreads evenly in whole fish tank.With LEDs you get light focused at one point so this point will get more light then light bulb but overall it's the same.

When I changed light bulb on the back to LED's I had more lights but the problem is that not every plant will move into the light

The effect described by Norbert of bulbs is diffused lighting, as opposed to source-point lighting effect of an LED which casts shadows of the ripples at the surface of the water. This *might* freak out your fish to begin with if they're not accustomed to the effect.

Its only an initial period where they would be freaked out by the surface shadows, it also depends on the kind of fish. I also didn't say they would freak out, but that they may.

I would like to suggest that it may just be that you have changed the lighting that has unsettled the fish initially. As with all things for fish, once they have adapted to the environment and you then change it, should you not expect the fish to be a little nervous of their new environment until they adapt to it again?

Back