• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leopard Cory ?

ltsai

This is being sold as leopard cory in my local LFS:
hvm5o8Nl.jpg

What is the scientific name for this species? Corydoras trilineatus?

Thanks!

I have one left over from a group of six I had which has been with me for many years and plenty of stripdowns. It now has five panda cory friends but doesn't seem to mind and plays and shoals with them all the same. If you're thinking of buying them they look like healthy specimens to me. Good well rounded bodies with a healthy pair of barbels. Sometimes fish are often mislabelled in the LFS. I have had an algae eater for years which I always thought to be a Siamese. Never really bothered with eating much algae so I got one the other day from MA, when you see them side by side you can tell they are two totally different species.

Yeah, I wanted to buy them all but I don't have any luck keeping corydoras. They keep losing their barbs when I'm using aqua soil.

And the tank is currently undergoing a restart using the DSM method. Too much BBA because my pressurized co2 was irregular and my regulator is now faulty after the check valve failed.

A lot if the time it's not the lfs that mislabel the fish, a few wholesalers don't give Latin names of fish and you just have to gamble on what arrived. The only argument is that the lfs could take the time to ID the fish

Back