• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LFS rescape

...(it's still much better than no back and looking at all that clutter behind the tank, which they had before).....

Yep, that's why I switched from frozen glass film as bg (semi-transparent) to opaque matted black bg for the tank I maintain in the local pet shop. With opaque bg you don't have to worry about all those acid-colored packages of cats litter and so on. Oh, my. We all learn from the real experience in pet shops reality :)

Martin, looks very nice... I will keep switched to see how it evolves. BTW how will you manage the flow in such a long tank?

Jordi

BTW how will you manage the flow in such a long tank?
Those things are still a bit tricky in that shop, they use what they already had in that tank which was an Eheim pump with a turnover of only 1000 liter/hour. I asked them to place one extra pump in it, let's see what they will do.
The light however will not be much, so I hope that it won't need that much flow.

Update on the tank.
I've change the back from white to black, which I think looks better. The fish shop owner still didn't really change the lights but added some LED on one side of the tank ...to bad cause now the light in the tank has 2 different colors.
Plants are really doing nice though, even with just a 1000 lph pump, probably because the low light and low planting.
They added the fish as I suggested to them, but now because people saw them in this tank they nearly sold all of them.
2014-10-10134923_zps0ab58fcc.jpg

Here it is good to see how much the color difference of the light is.

2014-10-10135002_zps8b2a8afd.jpg

Only about 5 or 6 fish left in the tank. Waiting for new once to go in.

:eek: Nice size!

Fantastic!!!! :wideyed: The black backing was a good choice... gives you more depth and contrast with the White sand!
I like the open space of your layout!

This really matches my taste! :clap:

I agree, the black background is a winner here. Classic.
I'm disappointed by light choice though. I understand it's out of your control, though it looks strange. Does the tank really need another light unit?

Last edited:
Congrats Martin, my guess is this is good news. If your tanks are a good revenue for the owner you will be allowed to design more tanks. Now the strategy is to find yourself some minions to do the hard work for you, like Amano.... :)

Jordi

Back