• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light choice help?

Chrisvx220

Hi, I am planning to order a 20"l x 20"w x24"h tank from ND Aquatics later this week but need to decide whether I want a pelmet top or closed lid however, I can't decide until I know what lighting I want.

Can anyone help with suggestions here, I want to do an iwagumi style system but non complex as I don't have space in the cabinet for co2 or external filters.

I was thinking of any of the following but am unsure if these will give enough PAR?

2 x arcadia classica stretch
Or
2 x wavepoint 6500's 12"

Can anyone advise if these will be adequate or advise of anything better within a £120ish budget?

Cheers

Are you talking leds or t5? Is the tank braced or open Top without braces?:)

Led.

I have yet to order the tank, most likely open top with a pelmet hood.

I am planning on doing a low tech system for now as I don't have space for co2, do you think 2 x arcadia classica stretch units will be sufficient?

Ok so I'm now considering a 3rd option TMC growbeam either 2 strips or more likely 1 tile, slightly over budget after mounting kit etc but maybe a better option?

Hi

From what I understand the TMC growbeams can be quite bright but if you buy the separate controller..you can dim them to suit your low tech ..or without the controller.. I guess you could place the lights higher up from the surface..

Low tech can mean t8 lighting or t5 but again t5 high output makes for a bright light more used in high tech tanks..its not definitive by any means.

Thing about the TMC lights is that you can dim them and then..if you decide to go high tech..you have the ability to use their power without incurring extra cost..at least not in the lighting department.

Regards.

Exactly what I was after, cheers Don.

Ok so Growbeam is looking like the way forwards with the controler so that I can take it right down to give a low par, does anyone know what range of par ratings (max and minimum) the growbeams can give at 24" depth?

Back