• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light Rec for 100CM Aquarium

pollyandpear

Can anyone recommend a good light, ideally with a timer and variable settings so I can have the light come on slowly and fade out rather than just on and off.

Ideally, not an expensive one as money if tight - so under £50 would be amazing.

I have seen a HYGGER one that is a little above at about £70.

There is also a VARHMUS one on amazon for under £30 but I know sometimes the quality gets lost on very cheap products.

But other recommendations appreciated.

Also keeping an eye out for a second hand FLUVAL PLANT or AQUASKY

Can anyone recommend a good light, ideally with a timer and variable settings so I can have the light come on slowly and fade out rather than just on and off.

Ideally, not an expensive one as money if tight - so under £50 would be amazing.

I have seen a HYGGER one that is a little above at about £70.

There is also a VARHMUS one on amazon for under £30 but I know sometimes the quality gets lost on very cheap products.

But other recommendations appreciated.

Also keeping an eye out for a second hand FLUVAL PLANT or AQUASKY
One of the bigger challenges in picking a light in this class is the software.
There seems to always be compromises.

Anyways some may have timers with no " fade" function. Going from off to on even if you have time points.
Some have fixed time durations ir 8, 10, or 12hrs.

Anyways I picked this based on a review that, hopefully, honestly answered my biggest question:
Nice touch slowly coming up to full power at start and reducing light at end of time to simulate dawn and dusk

Amazon product ASIN B08MTTY1QM
The sort of catch .
The wired controller timer allows the dual-band timing function, three options of 6, 8 or 10 hours are available for daylight mode and 2, 4, or 6 hours for moonlight mode

I'd prefer having a zero moonlight mode but it bay gave a work around like setting led to a very low or off output.
Also should have a 12hr mode.
Don't know
Hopefully someone who actually owns one can chime in.

Ok it states 15min ramp on, ramp off.
Lists moonlight as " on demand"..wonder exactly what that means.

90-110cm. $39.09
If I read it right .. 25 Watts.

What are your tanks complete dimensions?

Thank you. that one looks good actually. My airstone pump is by the same brand and has worked perfectly so far.

100cm long, by 40 high, and 40 wide. 160L

All pond solutions do light that look similar to a twinstar in appearance.

They’re incredibly bright, but a cheap dimmer from Amazon does the trick and you’ll have controllability

Thank you. that one looks good actually. My airstone pump is by the same brand and has worked perfectly so far.

100cm long, by 40 high, and 40 wide. 160L
Napkin calcs out it on the low/medium range.
With the 6500k diodes and 660nm red should have good color.

Back