• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light requirements

Worshiper

Hi guys

I have a 24l nano with the 15w interpet and am trying to grow

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis
Pogostemon helferi
Echinodorus tenellus parvulus

The lilaeopsis and echinodorus seem to be getting brown and dying.

I do an EI dose and use sodastream co2 at 1bps (no drop checker).

So I am looking for a cheap overhead light that would work.. I have a hood so I need a clip on type. About £20.00 should be affordable for me.
Will this work?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121167500069

Any other suggestions?

You have too much light.
Get a drop checker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Darren. Ill get a DC.
I have cardinal tetras in it and so far the co2 didnt seem to stress them. But I'll get one soon..
I use a ceramic diffuser under the internal filter for proper diffusion. Is that a good way to duffuse?

I have been unsuccessful at quite a few plants. Esp. Foreground ones. Is it because my lights are too much?

Managed to kill monte carlo and Hydrocotyle Tripartita Japan too ! I always thought it was too less light because they all seem to do well when I keep them in a separate glass jar in normal sunlight.

Its a lot of light for the volume of water.
See if you can raise the light or angle it away from the water surface.
You don't need more than 6 hours light per day.

It is attached to the hood of the tank so I'll have to see if I can change the bulb. I keep it on for 6 hours on timers. Co2 an hour before and off an hour before. No algae issues. Only the pogostemon helferi seems to be doing well though..

Ordered the drop checker and reduced the light from 15w to 11w superfish bulb. Do you guys think this will help?

Any other helpful suggestions. Seems like my Echinodorus tenellus is almost gone. :(
LB seems to be following suit!

Back