• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Light upgrade - Nano cube

Ryan M

Seedling
Hey,

I’m looking to upgrade the light on my nano 30 litre. The Dennerle 3.5w isn’t up to the challenge for more demanding plants so I have been looking at other options such as the wavepoint 6500k clip, chihiros Aquasky 30cm and the leddy smart leds.

I would like to grow hc Cuba.

Could some recommend something that would do the job?

Cheers.

Hey Ryan,

I have the chihiros Aquasky over a 40cm cube and it’s growing everything great!

Only had this for a few weeks but as far as I can tell the ludwigia palustris is growing super red and the smaller plants towards the front such as staurogyne repens are growing just fine too

thanks for your reply.

i was hoping for something that will grow pretty much anything, so this looks like it will do.

do you have any pictures?

Yes I have a few pictures, some of the plants are new such as the ludwigia hence the dead looking leaves! But I can take closer pictures later on if you wish

I also looked up the light and the 30cm light is the same as the 40cm cube (1800 lumens) so I would say it’s even more powerful on a 30cm cube but inline dimmer switch helps :D I have mine on full power as well.

bb99018dae9708ea04182b3ab9a298fd.jpg

80407d94448eea2cd6af2d0d0de023ce.jpg

That’s a great looking tank! Did you get yours from co2supermarket or else where?

I think I’m just going for hob filter, there’s not much room in the nano cube so don’t want much equipment in it. I’m not sure what substrate I’m going to go for, stratum or Tropica powder.

Hey Ryan,

Yeah I ordered from co2 supermarket, outstanding customer service from them too,

I downgraded from a 150 litre so I’m still using my external filter just turned down a little

I have the fluval stratum substrate in this tank I can’t comment on how good for plants it is yet, seems to be leaving an oily film on the top of the tank though :/ hopefully it will stop soon

Thanks tank will look better once the plants in the background have grown in a bit more !

I will give that light a go.

I prefer smaller tanks, I have a Roma 90 that I might start up again, it’s not going to be anything fancy, im thinking of setting it up for a couple of rams. My water here is perfect for them.

Are you going to try any carpeting plants in your tank?

I’m probably going to let the staurogyne repens thicken out and be a carpet sort of thing but that’s probably about it

Back