• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting and advice for rescape.

Doozer999

Hey good people, I hoped for a little advice on my current rescape.

I'd like some options for lighting...?

I have a growing colony of crs, dennerle nano 30, Shirakura Red Bee Sand substrate, 250L/h filter and some plants added - all low tech - Java fern, Anubias, some Xmas moss (including hopefully a moss wall), and some hairgrass and crypt wendtii to come.

I'm not adding any ferts or co2 (but will under advice; due to the crs)...

In the previous scape I got fairly overrun with moss... So I'm guessing the parameters suited it... But want to check my lighting is sufficient for the new plants...

I have some sort of "Wave point" led thing (http://www.wave-point.com/Lighting_folder/LEDHOClampLight.html) .. Which seems very bright... but can't see the wattage. It says with 1W LEDs, and there's 8 of them in a row, so is that simply 8W? And if so I have roughly 1.4w/g. Is that enough? I felt 2w/g was better - as a guide? Should I be looking for anything else - better or stronger?

I know a little about things but am confused by the whole LED thing... Does it not matter what "type" of light as long as it is of sufficient wattage?

And therefore what kind of wattage should I be aiming for?

I would like to add some reddish plants at some point, but things i tried before (stem plants like ludwigia) just shoot loads of roots out along the stem and get really leggy... What am I doing wrong? Any species suggestion?

Finally...I am not artistic at all - the bog wood needs to be adjusted, it's currently wedged submerged with my tweezers! But am I introducing too many species? Is it a case perhaps of "less is more"? Any thoughts on this much appreciated!!

Any suggestions on lighting or a quick plant tip would be great!

The light has to "look good" as this tank is in the living room and it needs to "ptwt" -pass the wife test...

poCBjRNkj

Back