• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipe query

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
does anyone know of a type or brand with a deeper than normal reach on the outlet lily pipe. Recently purchased an easy aqua lily and it isn't long enough to reach over my 2" tank rim to give deep enough penetration into the water column ie it's not long enough to get under the water surface.
Cheers
Ady

You could search on the bay mate. From what I remember most of them had diagrams showing the relevant dimensions. Good luck, thats very annoying.

easerthegeezer said:
they are all pretty similar from what ive had, i guess you cant fill the tank more...
Hi, yeah John at APFUK said a similar thing that they're all pretty standard, just thought I'd throw it out there just incase. Can't really fill the tank enough, I'd have to brim it and then I'd be able to see the outer trim through the water.....clearly they are designed for rimless braceless tanks which can be filled more :(

Antipofish said:
You could search on the bay mate. From what I remember most of them had diagrams showing the relevant dimensions. Good luck, thats very annoying.
I'll have a look mate just in case

Cheers
Ady

easerthegeezer said:
diy acrylic mate? i could make you one if you fancy taking that route and chuck it in with the corals...?
?
Corals?
Are you mixing me up with someone else although a diy lily sounds interesting!

Hi,
Just waiting to hear back regards one of the Borneo wild Lily's on APFUK, if it's a no go I'll drop you a pm. Are you a glass blower by trade? How do you make a lily pipe or have you not done one before? I know your a dab hand though I've seen your spray bars... That could be an alternative.
Cheers
Ady

no, i run a bar mate :lol:
i havent tried making lilys yet bud but have some off cuts to try.... does a lily make any difference to a standard outlet...?? maybe a slightly wider dispersion of flow?? i dunno.... to the eye it just looks pretty, i certainly dont believe the hype of a 'vortex'. If the outlet shape made a difference surely amano wouldnt use standard duct tubing on bigger tanks and would commission a magic fantastic vortex giving one :lol:

either way spraybars rock!!
:thumbup:

easerthegeezer said:
no, i run a bar mate :lol:
i havent tried making lilys yet bud but have some off cuts to try.... does a lily make any difference to a standard outlet...?? maybe a slightly wider dispersion of flow?? i dunno.... to the eye it just looks pretty, i certainly dont believe the hype of a 'vortex'. If the outlet shape made a difference surely amano wouldnt use standard duct tubing on bigger tanks and would commission a magic fantastic vortex giving one :lol:

either way spraybars rock!!

Iain, would you believe the "hype" of a vortext if you saw it in person ? Theres plenty of vids on youtube showing it for real :thumbup: You can see it dragging a vortext typhoon down into the flow. This means any surface scum is then distributed into the water column and can be dealt with by the filter :) Of course, on my Optiwhite I have the WRONG bloody shape Lily outflow :rolleyes: LOL

rubbish! i had lilys and saw the 'vortex' which doesnt drag in even light surface film (it wont even suck in a hikari micro pellet!), look back through lots of the surface scum threads and people are already using lilys and still have scum! Lift the lily so it splash's about some then you have a chance.
Gunna have to report you to clive, your in need of being pulled from the matrix :lol:

easerthegeezer said:
rubbish! i had lilys and saw the 'vortex' which doesnt drag in even light surface film (it wont even suck in a hikari micro pellet!), look back through lots of the surface scum threads and people are already using lilys and still have scum! Lift the lily so it splash's about some then you have a chance.
Gunna have to report you to clive, your in need of being pulled from the matrix :lol:

Seeing is believing and I saw it with my own three eyes... And whats wrong with being in the Matrix 8) I can dodge bullets, me !!! :p

Antipofish said:
I can dodge bullets, me !!!

i hope not :lol: :silent:

sorry :oops: but really im fairly confident that the 'vortex' was a coincidence of design, the only mention of magic vortex's is on cheap chinese versions to sucker people in, no mention on the ADA product, guess they took the blue pill.

Lily Pipe Outflow P-6 17mm
- excellent for plant growth
- minimal interference with the aesthetic of your aquascape
- beautiful hand crafted
- Japanese, easy-clean glass

All glass outflow filter pipe designed for make idealistic water flow for the plant growth. Lily Pipe is produced of fine Japanese, easy-clean glass by hand of expert glass craftsman. Use with canister filter.

:lol:
Guys I only want one to try a different flow pattern this time round. The hard scape doesn't suit a spray bar configuration unless I ran it from the front panel directing flow to the back. Because of this I've decided to go with a single return to try and get a circular flow pattern around the tank. The double jets I had before were not only unsightly but offered opposing flow patterns and we know how much of a no no that is :(
So as I'm changing the flow pattern to a single point return I thought I may as well use glassware 8) ....I'll still have the ugly filter inlet through the drilled base though, the convenience of never having to prime the filter due to gravity makes me happy :D :crazy:
Looks like Tankscape have the lily for the job so just a case of waiting to hear from John at apfuk and decide from there!
Cheerio
Ady

love a bit of banter! good you found one ady, cant say ive ever notice the drilled inlet once plants are in your tank. Might be more obvious in a iwagumi i guess.
nice to know your getting there though, look forward to seeing some teasers of the new scape.

easerthegeezer said:
look forward to seeing some teasers of the new scape.
Can't upload images at the mo but heres a teaser.....I have a name for it already....."Coastal Erosion" ;)

Ady34 said:
easerthegeezer said:
Can't upload images at the mo but heres a teaser.....I have a name for it already....."Coastal Erosion" ;)

OOOh does it have a cliff face ? :crazy:

Antipofish said:
Ady34 said:
easerthegeezer said:

OOOh does it have a cliff face ? :crazy:
And it sings.... :D christmas time, mistletoe and wine.....

Dont tell me you are putting one of those animated Reindeer in the tank... the ones you see surrounded by fake snow in the shopping centres from September onwards ? :woot:

Back