• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily Pipe Size

Dutch

Hi all!

I’m just about to start a new aquascape on an ada 60H (60x45x45) / 120 liter. A do got my idea ready but I’m a bit struggling about the Lily pipe size in combination with my new filter: oase 600 Thermo.

The tank will be heavily planted, no Dutch style, but at least 60% of the bottom will be planted with different types of plants.

Now the question is , and I don’t mind the aesthetics, but should I go for the 17 or 13 mm Lily pipes? What I don’t want is too much flow so will the combination of the oase 600 with the 17 mm Lily pipes cause too much flow?

Otherwise I will need to add the converters to the tubes.

Hopefully someone has someone experience on this! Thanks a lot!

I am also interested in this, as the Oase pipework is 16/22. And the Lilly Pipes I have looked at are 13 or 17.

Thanks for the reply! Yes , looks good. Definitely with the surface skimmer. But what about the combination of the oase 600 with the Lily pipes for the 16/22 wil that cause too much flow?

Hi all!

I’m just about to start a new aquascape on an ada 60H (60x45x45) / 120 liter. A do got my idea ready but I’m a bit struggling about the Lily pipe size in combination with my new filter: oase 600 Thermo.

The tank will be heavily planted, no Dutch style, but at least 60% of the bottom will be planted with different types of plants.

Now the question is , and I don’t mind the aesthetics, but should I go for the 17 or 13 mm Lily pipes? What I don’t want is too much flow so will the combination of the oase 600 with the 17 mm Lily pipes cause too much flow?

Otherwise I will need to add the converters to the tubes.

Hopefully someone has someone experience on this! Thanks a lot!
I'm certainly no expert on fluid dynamics but from experience I could well imagine flow from a 16mm hose reduced to 12mm may restrict the flow to a degree but will also increase the velocity of the water exiting the lily pipe, if that makes sense. One way to control the flow would be the use of one of these Eheim Single Tap Connector 16mm on the filter outlet before the reducer Eheim Reducing Piece 16-12mm, cheaper options can be found on Ebay etc.
Cheers!

Back