• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lily pipes sizing

Aqua360

Hi all

I've ordered an all pond solutions EF-250 (sun sun 604hb), and I'm probably being daft with lily pipe sizes.

I'm seeing conflicting info on hose diameter, APS/Amazon list it at 20mm outside, 15mm inside 🤔 however I think it's basically 16mm.

In terms of the lily pipe, would this need to be 17mm, or would 16 suffice? Probably a daft question, but I'd rather ask it than order and regret later 😂

If it says 15 then you could probably squeeze a 16 in there were it a plastic pipe.. but when it comes to lily pipes i wouldn't want to be squeezing anything they are so delicate.... not sure what to say really i didnt even know 15/20 was a size of pipe on aquarium filters.

Just to clarify it's read with inner diameter on the left, so inner/outer. :) Nick is right though a 16-20 or 16-22 should fit, but i'm just paranoid about lily pipes lol.

Just to clarify it's read with inner diameter on the left, so inner/outer. :) Nick is right though a 16-20 or 16-22 should fit, but i'm just paranoid about lily pipes lol.

haha i'm the opposite, i hate trying to get lily pipes off so have them barley push on.

@Aqua360 you could also just replace the hosing that comes with the filter for standard 16/22mm

Thanks for replies, I'm going for steel lilies, so that should hopefully mitigate some risk of blood loss 😂

Hi @Aqua360, how are you getting on with the ef-250? I'm considering getting one as an additional filter, mainly for mechanical filtration and additional flow. Are they quiet? Any problems so far?

Hi @Aqua360, how are you getting on with the ef-250? I'm considering getting one as an additional filter, mainly for mechanical filtration and additional flow. Are they quiet? Any problems so far?

They work well, but mine was insanely loud, so I gave it to a friend! In terms of design it's very simple, can't go wrong in that aspect.

Maybe i was unlucky, cause I have the EF-150 also and it is mostly silent.

Probably worth a try!

Back