lily pipes

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by Nick16, 22 Jul 2009.

1. Nick16

Nick16 Member

hi has anyone got these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Infl....c0.m14&_trkparms=65:2|66:2|39:1|293:1|294:50

i need a set for mine (or two) but i think i will need the 17mm (take it that means its larger area for water flow compared with 13 or 10mm) as i have a ex1200 and ex700 and dont want to blow my plants away. Im guessing a larger outlet will mean a gentler flow out as it will be more spread?

any help will be awesome.

2. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Nick

I looked at these - the only thing that out me off was the distance or drop of the outlet pipe into the tank 16cm that over 6" drop,

Regards
    Paul.

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh Ive got a set, not bad but there isn't really much to chose between all the HK/Malaysia glassware really. You might want to look at the bend just before the lily part the angle of this can vary and effects the pattern of flow around the tank.

Sam

4. Nick16

Nick16 Member

so can you recommend a set that might be better for a similar price? plus they must be able to fit the Ex1200 and ex700 tubing.

i see what you mean by the drop :?

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I have a set of 13mm Flo from AquaticMagic on my EX700. Work fine but the whole setup is a little under powered for the 80cm tank its on. Also, Flo come with the "ball" glass end on the intake which I'm not too keen on.

I have some PM (Powerman) lily pipes on my 90cm attached to two EX1200's. I've not used the intakes yet, but the outlets work fine. I think they cost me £35 plus ridiculous shipping from Hong Kong (Advance Aquarium Store I think).

Also, check out International Fish Street. Sometimes have the PM glass and others, and similar prices (they are an ebay store who have a website too).

Having had a selection of cheap glassware, and some Cal-Aqua nano glass, I feel the more expensive glassware (my Cal-aqua Nano glass cost £35) is higher quality, no doubt. I'm going to be saving up for a 17mm set of Cal-Aqua glassware in the future. I guess £90 isn't terrible. It's still not ADA prices!

Ooh, don't forget to check out Do!Aqua. Still expensive but "cheaper" ADA.

7. Stu Worrall

Stu Worrall Forum Moderator Staff Member

Do!Aqua worked out at £160 ish for in/outflow on a 17mm connection so kind of knocked it out my price range to be honest. I quite lke the cal aqua stuff though which is a more reasonable price

8. Nick16

Nick16 Member

do you have a link to some of the cheaper cal aqua stuff?

would i need 17mm for my 2 TT filters?

9. Stu Worrall

i think AE are the only ones who have the 17mm cal aqua pipes in the uk unless anyone else has any links? can they be bought from abroad?

10. Garuf

Garuf Member

I bought my cal aquas dirrect from cal aqua and it was cheaper by half at the time, with the exchange rate the way it is you might as well buy in house.

11. Stu Worrall

didnt know cal aqua sold direct?

12. Garuf

Garuf Member

I think it might have been through a forum though I can't remember. I got them from a guy called mike if that helps. :lol:
    Cal aqua are available from Ae And Tgm as with all glass ware it isn't cheap though. I've got the nano set and it really is superior to the PM set. I just wish they made a 17mm set that are smaller than my tank is tall.

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

TGM used to have Cal-Aqua but don't seem to have any on their site. Might be worth a phone call if you're thinking Cal-Aqua :)

14. Stu Worrall

they havent got any 17mm cal pipes in, i already tried. not sure when theyll be back in so worth a try to contact them

15. Garuf

Garuf Member

That'll be why TGM has none.